Thank you for your interest in the Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Foundation’s (WVMF) grant program! We encourage you to review our giving priorities, timelines and instructions before starting your submission.
WVMF Funding Guidelines
The WVMF grant funding priorities include Veteran’s Care, Disaster Relief and Pet Education. WVMF funds grants from $500 to $5,000.
An organization must have current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and be located in the United States. Priority will be given to organizations with programs that serve animals and their owners in Wisconsin. WVMF does not support:
- Fundraising Events, Sponsorships
- Lobbying, political or fraternal activities
- Medical Research
- Organizations must be currently registered as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization as designated by the IRS and in good standing.
- Organization must be located within the United States.
- The Organization’s project or program must fall within our grant priorities.
- Organization must be able to provide quarterly reports to WVMA. Learn more.
- Organization must submit a completed grant application to the grant for which you are applying. Learn more.
- Organizations must support WVMA via donor recognition about this grant on the organization’s website, donor wall, annual report, newsletter or other promotional materials or marketing communications, as appropriate.
- Grants may not be made to organizations that discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, or disability status
WVMF accepts grant applications anytime throughout the year and awards grants on a quarterly basis (four times per year). Grant applications are reviewed and approved by the WVMF Board of Directors (in March, June, September, and December) with award notifications sent shortly thereafter.
- Grant applications accepted year-round.
- Grant applications received by March 15th will be reviewed in late March and awarded by April 30th.
- Grant applications received by June 15th will be reviewed in late June and awarded by July 30th.
- Grant applications received by September 15th will be reviewed in late September and awarded by September 30th.
- Grant applications received by November 30th will be reviewed early December and awarded by December 31st.
If you have questions about the application process or your organization’s eligibility, please contact WVMA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.257.3665.
Grant recipients must agree to provide regular reports on how their grant funds were spent and the results of implementing their program. Depending on the grant, this may be requested in the form of a narrative report, financial information or an emailed survey.