Thank you for your interest in the Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Foundation’s (WVMF) grant program! We encourage you to review our giving priorities, timelines and instructions before starting your submission.
WVMF Funding Guidelines
The WVMF grant funding priorities include Veteran’s Care, Disaster Relief and Pet Education. WVMF funds grants from $500 to $3,000.
An organization must have current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and be located in the United States. Priority will be given to organizations with programs that serve animals and their owners in Wisconsin. WVMF does not support:
- Fundraising Events, Sponsorships
- Lobbying, political or fraternal activities
- Medical Research
- Organizations must be currently registered as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization as designated by the IRS and in good standing.
- Organization must be located within the United States.
- The Organization’s project or program must fall within our grant priorities.
- Organization must be able to provide quarterly reports to WVMA. Learn more.
- Organization must submit a completed grant application to the grant for which you are applying. Learn more.
- Organizations must support WVMA via donor recognition about this grant on the organization’s website, donor wall, annual report, newsletter or other promotional materials or marketing communications, as appropriate.
- Grants may not be made to organizations that discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, or disability status
WVMF accepts grant applications anytime throughout the year and awards grants twice per year. Grant applications are reviewed and approved by the WVMF Board of Directors (in January and July) with award notifications sent shortly thereafter.
- Grant applications accepted year-round.
- Grant applications received by June 30th, will be reviewed at the July Board Meeting and awarded by August.
- Grant applications received by December 31st will be reviewed at the January Board Meeting and awarded by February.
If you have questions about the application process or your organization’s eligibility, please contact WVMA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.257.3665.
Grant recipients must agree to provide regular reports on how their grant funds were spent and the results of implementing their program. Depending on the grant, this may be requested in the form of a narrative report, financial information or an emailed survey.